Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 18- August 27, 2010


This morning I reviewed the cases Ann had made changes on last night. I also had a meeting with Debra. She is here in Mobile going over some the details with Legal Files with each employee in the office. I had my meeting today from 9 -10am. Basically she told me I was perfect! Ya right? So I made a list of questions to review with her and she taught me some short cuts. Debra is wonderful. She told me I can feel free to call her in Montgomery with any questions I have.

Part of the intake process is having the client write, in a few words, a statement of facts supporting their claim. I had a client today who could write their name beautifully but when it came time to write this statement they had a lot of trouble. It was heartbreaking to spell "with" and eye opening to see that being able to read and write is not a guarantee for all people. It's the simple things I take for granted that this job is teaching me to appreciate. I have a family who loves me and would never steal my money and always will support. I know I am lucky to have them, but I am also lucky to have the ability to read and write.

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad that you can read and write and that you're proving your ability to do so through this blog.

    miss you xo

    ReplyDelete