Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 108- November 25, 2010

The year of three Thanksgivings:

1 -L'Arche with all the JVs (noon):  It was a great meal with most of the Core Members.  The meal was at the church hall down the street from us and there was a huge U shaped table set up for everyone to enjoy the meal.  Matt left yesterday for CT, but all 6 JVs were present along with 2 additions.  Mary P's boyfriend, Danno, was in town who we had previously met...and he's a sort of cool kid who fits in perfectly at our house.  The other addition was Megan's fiance Tim.  Now I have met his dad but I had not met him yet.  Watching them together is adorable and I can see why they love each other so much.  Can't wait to be the maid of honor January 7, 2011 ;)

L'Arche had a beautiful memorial service for all the Core Members that had passed away.  The readings made me think of all those who have passed in my life, including Aidan, and it nearly brought me to tears.  Harry, one of the Core Members, had a beautiful prayer that truly came from his heart.  I love being able to interact with the L'Arche community.  There is such vulnerability, trust, and love in each Core Member and Team Member (staff).  It is beautiful and I am lucky to be a part of the L'Arche community, even if it's only a few interactions a month.

2 -Jane's house (2:30pm):  I got to Jane's after everyone had eaten, so I sat at a table and ate while people sat around me and didn't eat.  This sounds like it could be awkward but it wasn't, it was a lot of fun.  I loved meeting all the people in Jane's life that I've been hearing about for the past 105(ish) days.  I talked about where I'm from and the fielded multiple questions about what I do as a JV.  Everyone was delightful and I was welcomed into the home as if I was family.  It was a great experience.  The food was delicious, it was a real Southern Thanksgiving meal.

3 -Mike and Susie's with Megan and Tim (5:00pm):  I rushed from Jane's house to S. Ann to pick up Megan and Tim before heading over to Mike and Susie's house.  I thought I might be full, but I walked in that house and the smell coming from the kitchen made me forget I had already had two full meals.  There were several of Mike's Spring Hill colleagues present.  Tim enjoyed discussing theology with the Ethics professor.  Megan and I talked princesses and dogs with Eleanor and the other children.  It was great company and a great meal.  Susie's stuffing based off her mom's recipe, tasted like my mom's stuffing and was the perfect ending to my three thanksgivings.


November is Prematurity Awareness Month

More than half a million babies are born too soon each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment