Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 77 - October 25, 2010


Today after work I had my one on one meeting with Jamie. This picture is our whole community with Jamie at orientation.

Before we had our meeting I asked a FJV (former jesuit volunteer) how honest are you supposed to be in these things. I was told that keeping secrets from your staff support or from any support is silly because they are all here to help you.

I have a lot of thoughts and a lot of feelings that don't always need to be shared. I am learning, as most do throughout their lives, the best way for me to handle situations as they arise but there are very big things I know I need to work on, the most important being I hold grudges. I have a really difficult time forgetting and moving past something, I would much rather burn a bridge and look somewhere else than try to rebuild something that has hurt me. I've done it with friendship, relationships, and in jobs. But you can't do it here in the JVC and I think that is a really important life lesson. Burning bridges hurts both people and can be irreversible. So JVC year goal - do not hold grudges, take people for who they are, fault included and love them, and also take situations for what they are and deal.

I was completely honest with Jamie. I explained my difficulties in my personal life and my past that are holding me back here in Mobile. I explained my frustrations with work and community life. One thing I don't know how to explain is my frustrations with my spiritual life, but I don't think that's a problem for Jamie to fix, it's a problem for me to fix. But hey that's part of this year, learning what my problems are and learning how to fix them.

No comments:

Post a Comment