Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 69 - October 17, 2010


Today NOLA left.  We didn't do much after they left, except have a lazy Sunday. 

Andrew Leonard and I went to the 9:oopm mass at Spring Hill.  I enjoy the masses at Spring Hill.  This was my second I feel a connection with the homilies.  Some of the local churches have family oriented services, which are great for the families that attend.  However I am looking for something that is oriented toward young adults and Spring Hill offers that type of service.  The masses are very similar to the 9pm masses in St. Vinny's Chapel but I'm sure all university masses have the same vibe.  

I find myself missing Catholic when I attend these masses.  Mass was always a time you'd find yourself running into that friend you hadn't seen in a few weeks and you'll catch up and make plans to get coffee or have lunch next week.  All the Spring Hill students do that and Andrew and I sit there and realize we're not in college anymore.  It's funny that these little events are what make me realize I'm a graduate and not the lack of school work or late nights in the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment