Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 74 - October 22, 2010

Today I came into work early.  Emily is going to a nun retreat, no it's really a green conference run by nuns, and I offered to drive her to the airport.  Once I left work I realized bringing her to airport was going to take longer than I had expected, so I called Ann and I took the rest of the day off with plans to come into work over the weekend.

Once I dropped Emily off at the airport I was able to meet Mike and Susie for a late lunch at Spring Hill.  John and Eleanor are getting so big! They are like mini people now and not little babies anymore.  After lunch Susie and I worked on halloween costumes, I cut up old clothes I bought at Good Will and fabric scraps to make scales.  Then I sewed them onto a high wasted white pencil skirt.  I put the skirt on for Eleanor and asked her what I looked like, she said a mermaid, which means my costume will be successful.  One problem, I need a fin for the bottom.  I had purchased different colored tulle, but then it looked like a ripped up prom dress from the 80s.  Susie had some extra silver fabric she was going to use for John's knight costume, so now I have that...but I'm not sure what I'll be doing with it just yet...

Tonight we went out with Andrew Leonard's boss Sharon to a BBQ place with live music.  Apparently the restaurant used to be a brothel.  There are small little houses behind the main bar area that now house the employees but they used to have a different purpose.  It was a really fun night.

No comments:

Post a Comment