Today is Monday. On Mondays we have our simply meal of the week, which is rice and beans. Each house member has a different twist of the simple meal. Mary P. adds cinnamon, Matt adds ranch dressing and the rest of us smother it in cheese. We consume this simple meal weekly, but is it still a simply meal if we are able to alter the bland taste into something we each personally enjoy?
We have all committed to a life of simplicity and we are living within out stipend and holding eachother accourntable in discussions on the true meaning of simplicity. This year is going to be an intersting time to refelct on what we each have, how we got it, and why we still have it.
A person goal I have set is to discard one item of clothing a week. We have a Good Will box outside the girls bathroom. I have a lot of clothes. They are items I have kept for years and wear rarely or new items I've gotten on sale and wear rarely, regardless there are obvious items I wear and others I do not wear. I have an entire closet full of clothes here in Mobile, and there is another one in Connecticut. I hope by the end of this year to cut these two closets down to one!
No comments:
Post a Comment