Today I woke up to a valentine from Megan and our house had a romantic candle lit dinner brought to us by Andrew Vivian. It was really sweet to spend the day with all my roommates.
With the theme of today, I am once again left thinking about my client who are struggling with domestic violence. Each one of these clients has a story to tell and for so long these stories have not been told. They stay with their spouse because they are in love. Love. Love doesn't abuse or hit or name call. One of the greatest rewards so far this year has been giving these clients an outlet to tell their stories. Statistically a domestic violence victim has to leave the abusive spouse six times before they finally leave for good. Some people in my office make comments of frustrations when clients contact us for a new case after not following through with a previous case, but I am happy to do an intake and listen to the client's story as many times as they need.
No comments:
Post a Comment