Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 117- December 4, 2010

This morning I went to work bright and early. As I was labeling some files and mailing some closing documents, Megan and Andrew Vivian came over to the office.  While I was finished up my last few files they started decorating the front lobby.  It was a great time, Legal Service has three boxes of decorations so we were able to deck out the front and had two boxes left over when we were finished.  I asked Ann if we could borrow the extra decorations for our Christmas party, which she was happy to allow, so one box of extra decorations came home with us.  

Once we were done at Legal Services we headed to the Y, where we all have passes(sort of).  (Note to self: we need to follow up with the Y passes).  We have been really into wallyball lately.  We came as a group, all six of us (Matt was at LSAT class), last week and played a game with some really intense guys, probably all lawyers.  Half of us were really serious and half had no hand eye coordination, so that game was interesting, to say the least.  Today we played three on three, just our house (Matt was at Spring Hill library preparing for the LSAT).  We ended up playing for close to three hours.  We were mocking the guys we played our first game with most of our games.  The mocking encouraged us to play better and the people watching us thought we were really intense until they realized we weren't...  It is a really great community bonding experience and I hope we make it a regular house event.

We came home and put some serious time into decorating the house.  Our house will look like santa threw up all over the first floor by our Christmas Party on Saturday.  After the party I'll post pictures of all the different projects we did in preparation.  We were big advocates of the second R

I was warm(ish) and comfortable when Susie called and reminded me I was going out to the Music Box with her and Mike.  I tried to back out but she made me go, which I am really glad she did.  We saw the Mulligrubs, whose lead singer did roller derby with Susie.  It was a great time and I was able to see all the roller derby girls I had meet when I was here last summer.  Susie concluded she has to stop introducing me as the babysitter because I am more like a little sister, and so many people ask who is watching the kids if the babysitter is at the bar...


No comments:

Post a Comment